A Week Without Daddy
and
YaYa's Birthday!
Tim was away at a Habitat conference last week, so Pop, Aunt Allie & Cara took turns staying with us while daddy was away. It was fun - like a week-long sleepover!
Owen and Ethan both LOVE popcorn. They actually ate this whole bowl with very little help from Pop. And when it was gone, Ethan said, "I want another bowl, please."
Owen is SO jealous of Ethan's Tripp Trapp chair. When it's time to eat, Owen goes running for the chair and sits down before Ethan can get there. He screams when we take him out and put him in his highchair. So, in the morning, when Ethan is at school I let Owen eat breakfast in Ethan's chair and He LOVES it!
Pop made the boys a snack one day - his own little concoction. Flour tortilla, butter, sugar and cinnamon. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes. I wasn't sure what they'd think of it, but it didn't take long for them to gobble it up!
Playing peek-a-boo with Pop
Carsickness Update: I moved Owen's carseat to the middle seat of the van so he could look directly out the front window AND bought Sea Bands (acupressure wrist bands that relieve motion sickness), which you can see on Owen's wrists in this picture. At first he tried to take them off, but now he just holds out his hands for me to put them on when we get in the van. Thankfully we haven't had any more throwing up and we hope it stays that way!
Owen playing with a worm outside.
A few seconds after I took this picture, Owen stared ripping the worm into pieces.
Owen and Yaya waiting for Ethan to get out of school
There was a REAL cowboy visiting Shining Hope Farms last week. Ethan got to meet him and he let Ethan wear his hat!
I bought this picnic/water table at a consignment sale last week and the boys have already played with it 4 times and they've eaten at least 3 meals here as well.
Definitely worth the $23 I spent!
We celebrated Cara's birthday at Aunt Allie's house this weekend. Allison made this cute purple dress for her to wear on her birthday. Her favorite color is purple.
We painted birdhouses on the back porch
Waiting patiently for their dinner
Allison bought a box of dress-up clothes at a consignment sale and gave them to Cara at her party. There were a bunch of princess dresses and then this bat woman costume!
Owen had fun riding Cara's new bike around the living room
party favors - new sunglasses!
After opening presents, we took a little walk on the greenway behind Allison's house and played on the greenway playground.
On the way home, Ethan said, "I want to do that again sometime."
Happy 3rd Birthday, YaYa! We love you!
















2 comments:
Thanks for taking such great pictures!
See how I was able to steal some kernels while occupying Ethan's attention by pushing me away?
Score!
Pop
Post a Comment