Wednesday, February 05, 2014

It's Been a While

For some reason (maybe it's this busy little toddler pictured below),
I haven't been able to update the blog in quite a while.
So, I'm going to have to split the past few months into 2 posts --
you know, since I don't want to overwhelm anyone 
with too much cuteness all at once


Owen loved wearing these little pajamas during the holidays.
On this day he insisted it be his outfit for the day and wore it everywhere we went.






This was pajama night at the library where the boys met Santa
and shared cookies and milk with their friend, Willie.
Now, even a month later, Owen still says "Where's Santa?" 
when we enter the library each week for story time.



One of the best things about the holidays -- 
finishing up a few rolls of wrapping paper 
and using the rolls as weapons against daddy...






as a slide for Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus...



and as a telescope on a makeshift boat in the playroom




swinging with Ms. Donna




Making a gingerbread house with Daddy at school











bundled up for a walk in the neighborhood






Owen putting Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus down for a nap







When they woke up he brought them all in the playroom to play ball




Willie, Cara, Owen and Ethan waiting for the Santa Train
at the North Carolina Transportation Museum






















They were all excited about talking to Santa










When I looked back over these pictures 
I noticed the big sign on this building that said, "BE CAREFUL,"
which is ironic since literally 2 seconds 
after I took this picture of Owen running to me
he face planted onto the concrete




special people playgroup gathering at Bettie's house




Ethan was working on a little cruising at the park
and was so proud of himself when he started balancing on one foot







Ethan (wearing the tall hat) having a pretend tea party
with his friends during a school field trip




sliding at the park with Willie




a little picnic at the Greenway complex






and, of course, no picnic is complete
without a silly attempt to put goldfish up your nose




a walk around the block with Chloe and Bryce







reading books with Grandpa and Daddy




Owen realizing he got a bike for Christmas!



While we were in Raleigh Ethan started running a high fever.
I took him to the urgent care and he had a severe ear infection, the flu and strep throat.
I took this picture right before we went to the urgent care -- 
he was laying on Tim and I was going to take a picture of him laying there,
but when I got out the camera he said, "cheese."




Owen playing with his new drill




Ethan got this Ezy Roller for Christmas
and he is AMAZING on this thing!
After only a few times on it he was able to steer it by himself
halfway down our street without going off the road!







One of my favorite holiday traditions is
riding around in the car looking at Christmas lights.
So glad that Ethan and Owen love it as much as I do!




playing with one of our favorite Christmas gifts - play dough!


No comments: