Friday, December 07, 2012

A Little Bit of Everything

Blogger recently sent me a message saying that I had no space left to upload pictures and would have to purchase more space in order to continue the blog (if I wanted to continue to put pictures on here, which, of course, I do!).  So, I went back and forth, but finally decided to purchase the $2.50/month plan for tons more space.  At first I didn't want to give into blogger just trying to make money off of me, but then Tim reminded me that this is a hobby of mine and allows me to document our life & remember how far we've come.  So, he said, $2.50/month isn't much when you look at it that way, and talked me into it.  To celebrate my 25GB storage capacity, I am posting a TON of pictures from the past month.  Here you go...


Mommy-Ethan Date in October
We went to Five Guys and the dollar store to pick out a toy



Cara and Aunt Allie met us at the dollar store 
and the kids had fun trying on halloween masks





Owen and mommy shopping at Goodwill



Owen always wants to sit on Ethan's bike when he's outside.  
I strapped him on and he thought he was such a big boy...
even though his feet couldn't reach the pedals.



Ethan walking in his new Crocodile walker.  We LOVE this thing!
My favorite feature is the tension adjuster, which makes him a lot more stable.



Ethan and his sidekick checking the mail







They were having a race in the driveway.  
Ethan gave Owen a head start, but Ethan still won.



Owen cracking up at Ethan



Our crape myrtle tree in the front yard started growing a little shoot right next to it and Tim wanted to save it and try to replant it somewhere else.  Ethan was practicing in his new walker and accidentally plowed over the little "tree."  He thought it was so funny he kept kicking and laughing and then Owen got in on the action.  The boys were having so much fun destroying the tree that I couldn't stop them.  Maybe it can still be salvaged.  If not, it was worth watching them laugh and play together.



I recently brought all of Ethan's old orthotics to his therapy clinic for them to use with other kids since Ethan had outgrown them.  But before I brought them, I had to take a picture of all the little "shoes" that have helped him learn to walk.



Playing outside with mommy while Ethan's at school







Eating an ice cream cone at Plaza Fiesta



Tim making turkey with his mom on Thanksgiving



Instead of getting a real Christmas tree this year, my mom decided to let the kids paint one on her wall.  Needless to say, they had a BLAST!













All on his own, Ethan had the idea to paint with his toes





He also thought it would be funny to paint with his face












The finished product



Ms. Ellen had a fun project at hippo therapy too.
She let Ethan color Sammy!







And here's Ethan with his masterpiece



Owen has always hated it when we put hats on his head...until last week.  
Now, whenever he sees a hat, he brings it over to me so I will put it on his head.



Ethan has started loving to tickle and wrestle with Owen.
Sometimes Owen likes it.



And sometimes he doesn't.





Last weekend we went to Christmasville in Rock Hill.
They had man-made snow for the kids to play with until it melted, which wasn't long since it was over 65 degrees outside.  Since it didn't snow last year, this was Owen's first experience with it and he thought it was pretty cool.



Ethan and Owen having a snowball fight



Ethan and Pop on the merry-go-round



And Owen's first ride on a merry-go-round





Ethan has been talking about this all week - his first ride on a ferris wheel!
I think mommy and daddy were more nervous about the heights than Ethan was.



3 comments:

Mary Robert and Andrew said...

I'm so glad you're keeping it up. I'm not sure if I can say the same. I tried deleting a few photos, but I don't think that will get me far since I know of several people that haven't been able to download and I find it hard to believe we all have the same storage used up. Anyway, great post! I love to see photos of those two adorable boys playing together.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderfully time looking at all they are doing and finding out. They change so fast! Thanks so much for sharing and taking all the pictures. It is definitely worth the money.
Some things are priceless.
Love you all, Grandma

Megan said...

your mom is so brave! and i love the pic of sammy - i can just imagine him saying, "wait just a minute here. why is everyone just standing around watching this happen?!"