Friday, October 19, 2012

Birthday Boy


A year ago today this beautiful baby boy entered our lives



I was so happy to be a mommy again,
and so amazed to be blessed with another perfect baby boy



Today, a year later, I am still amazed by our busy little Owen.
In fact, I often say that I could sit and watch him play for hours.



Owen is definitely a busy boy.  
He loves to get into the pantry and pull everything out that is within his reach.






He loves his big brother tremendously



I mean, REALLY loves him.



And one of his favorite times of the day is when daddy comes home!



You may remember his favorite spot in the house...
he now likes to lick the glass, which is what he's doing in this picture.



He gets into everything he's not supposed to get into



and when we say "no," that just makes it even more fun!



He likes to help me around the house



like pulling all the clothes out of the laundry basket, 
so he can get in and play



He's usually a happy, friendly boy
Likes to wave and say, "hi" to random people in the grocery store






But he can also be very serious,
sometimes wary with strangers and even people he knows.

And when that's the case, he furrows his brow just like this



And just when I think I know everything about him,
he does something to surprise me.

Like sitting in one place for 5 whole minutes holding a 6-week old baby.



He likes doing silly things that make his brother laugh,
like putting the potty on his head



it really does make a good hat



He LOVES being outside,
playing at the park and crawling in the grass



Did I mention how much he LOVES his brother?






I'm beyond thankful for our sweet Owen.
Happy 1 YEAR Birthday!
We love you!

2 comments:

Mary Robert and Andrew said...

So precious! Happy birthday, Owen and congratulations to Terre, Tim, and Ethan for this amazing addition to your family.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a year! Owen is so cute and I'm happy to see how much love is evcident in his life. Keep up the good work TnT!
Love, Aunt DD