Sunday, May 15, 2011

MckMama Photos

The whole first year of Ethan's life is a blur - and saying it was stressful just doesn't seem to express what was going on in our lives during that year. One of the things that got me through the tough times was reading blogs of other moms who were going through similar or also very tough situations. One of those was MckMama's blog (http://mycharmingkids.net). Her son, Stellan, had a life-threatening heart condition and reading her blog reminded me that I wasn't alone in my heartbreak and suffering. Now, I don't necessarily endorse or agree with all of her views or beliefs, but I do enjoy some of her original and simple recipes as well as her wonderful photography.

All that to say, a few months ago MckMama posted that she would be doing some photo shoots in the Charlotte area. Allison and I decided to split the cost and let that be our birthday presents to Ethan and Cara this year. MckMama was here a few weeks before Ethan's birthday and took a ton of amazing pictures of our family. Here are just a FEW of my favorites...













































































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though I have seen them, it is never enough. This is one of those gifts that keeps on giving.

Thanks,
Pop

Whitney Hannam said...

What??? Just checking in our your blog...so fun that you got her to take pictures. I know it seems silly but I feel like she's sort of famous and all. What was she like?? Great pics btw...hope to hang with you guys this summer!

S Herlong said...

Such incredible pictures! Just catching up on your blog; so glad to see Ethan is doing well and the pregnancy is too. I look forward to more updates!