So Thankful
After a long sleepless night, we headed over to the hospital early this morning for Ethan's EEG. Though both Tim and I felt exhausted, Ethan seemed to have gotten his second wind. After a few minutes of wake time, they said we needed to try to get him to sleep. So Tim started holding him down and Ethan started screaming. They said this is usually the only way kids end up going to sleep. He cried for 30 minutes straight and then I heard them talking about us having to come back for another appointment to sedate him so he would sleep. I came back into the room to see
if I could get him to sleep - I really didn't want to have to do this again! Tim got up and I laid down next to Ethan and started singing to him. He immediately put his fingers in his mouth and was asleep within 10 minutes!
I am so thankful for Tim, who had to do the hard part and I'm so thankful that Ethan did end up falling asleep.
After the technician got what she needed she said we could wake him up. I asked her what her initial thoughts were on the EEG and she said the preliminary readings showed no seizure activity. However, the doctor has still not read the EEG and we will not know anything for certain until Monday. As soon as she said this, I started crying and it made me realize how much I was
really worried about these possible seizures. So, she stressed the fact that a doctor could find something she didn't find, but said everything looked good to her. I feel so very thankful about these results, but know that I'll feel even better once I talk with the doctor.
Here are a few pics of Ethan, still sleeping at the end of the test. She said we could wake him up, but since we worked so hard to get him to sleep (and since we hardly ever get to watch him sleep), we waited a few minutes and Tim took some pictures with his phone.



And here is Ethan with the goo in his hair. Last time we did this, Ethan was 2 months old and had very little hair. So this time we got to give him a little goo doo afterwards.
We took Ethan home to sleep and my sister stayed with him while Tim and I headed off to our ultrasound appointment. With everything going on with Ethan - from this EEG to therapies to starting school in a few weeks, it really hasn't sunk in that we are actually having another baby. So, I was extremely thankful for the opportunity to see our new little one move around and hear his/her heartbeat. It made everything a little more real. Our official due date now is October 18th -- three days before Tim's birthday! Here's a picture of our new little Veeck...
We are so thankful for everyone who prayed for us and for Ethan this week. Each of you have been a part of our journey over the past 3 years -- in one way or another -- and we appreciate you more than you know.


4 comments:
Awsome! Great pictures....Great pictures......Great pictures! I can't say which is the best. I will agree with you, watching him sleep on his back and in color is way cool! Hair doo is great. And of course, Baby Veeck is great.
Pop
I'm so glad that Tim was able to do the hard part!!! Sorry Tim! You both are amazing. I was awake at 3am last night and unable to sleep so I was praying fo you guys as you were waking Ethan up and getting ready for your test today. I'm so glad you're on the other side of this test. Please keep posting as your able to do so. I love to hear the updates.
Terre-Congratulations on your Baby #2! I have been and will be praying for a safe and healthy pregnancy for you and the baby.
Love,
Karyn
P.S. I don't have your new contact information. I'm not trying to be so out of touch!
Since I am never on social networks I always seem way behind the curve, but WOW - I got it this time. Ethan never looked more beautiful. and the new one - what a great joy / blessing for all of you! I hope you are having good times with Tracy and Mary and the twins right now!
Love you all bunches! Joni
I am so thankful! Miss you and love u T!
Kelly B: -)
Post a Comment