Wednesday, December 15, 2010

"It's Cryin' Time Again"


One of the coolest things about living in Louisville is being only 45 minutes from my family in Radcliff. I grew up living 5-8 hours away from them, so it has been such a treat for us (and especially for Ethan) to be close enough to see them fairly often. With Ethan's therapy schedule, we haven't been able to spend as much time in Radcliff as I had hoped for before he was born, but Ethan still loves going there and really loves his Radcliff family! When I was young (oh, and when I was older, too), every time I would leave my Grandma & Pawpaw's house, I would start crying and they would sing me a song called, "Cryin' Time." There have already been oh so many tears shed in the past few weeks and, no doubt, will be many more before we leave on Sunday. So, I thought it appropriate, for this post especially, to include the lyrics to the chorus they would sing to me (and I'm sure will have to sing to me again).

Oh, it's cryin' time again, you're gonna leave me
I can see that far away look in your eyes
I can tell by the way you hold me darlin'
That it won't be long before it's cryin' time













2 comments:

Crystal Gallagher said...

it will be ok Terre. i love u and will miss u a lot but things will get better and u will make a lot of new friends where ur going, and u will still get to talk to all of us in Louisville. stay strong!

Anonymous said...

As Grandma says, "I love that little boy!" Be sure to keep up the blog so I don't get "Ethan Withdrawal!"

Love Aunt DeeDee