Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Morning at the Races
Ethan went to his first (and his mom's last) 5K this morning at Churhill Downs to benefit VIPS (Where Ethan goes for vision therapy and preschool). Tim and Ethan walked most of the race while I ran/walked with a couple of friends.
Here is Ethan in his Stampede shirt...




He wasn't too thrilled with the giant furry horse. He was probably thinking, "This looks nothing like the horses at therapy and it is just wierd that he is trying to shake my hand."





The group of us before the race. Thanks Tracy and Aleasha for coming out to support us! You are both in much better shape than me!






The Bugler (is that what he's called?) who starts the horse races at Churchill Downs came to kick off our race...





See how red my face is? This is why that was my first and last 5K! It was worth it, but next time I think I'll just volunteer to help with registration and cheer on the other runners.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics. I am soooooo proud of you. Ethan looked like he enjoyed himself.

Pop

Allison said...

Next year Dad and I will run with you... hahahahahahahahahaha

Mary Robert and Andrew said...

Congratulations on the race and I love the blog's new look.